4.2
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

I purchased a software license an application called Disksavvy Server from Flexense.The license terms state that it may only be installed on one computer at a time.

I had it installed and registered this application on a PC and subsequently needed to upgrade that PC, so I uninstalled it from this PC and installed/registered it on another PC. I repeated this process once more while trying to find a PC that could run the software while completing the upgrade to the intended PC. At no time did I have it installed on more than one PC at a time. After the upgrade to the original PC was complete I uninstalled/Installed it back to this original PC and was unable to register the license.

I contacted Flexense and they claimed that I violated the license terms, revoked my license, and told me I was banned from purchasing software from their company. I explained the situation as stated above but they refused to reinstate my license or refund my payment. Their explanation was that every time you register their software they record the external ISP IP address, and they saw different ones. I explained to them that my external IP address is not always the same on any given week due to how my ISP assigns them to me, but they refused to budge.

I have had this same issue with US vendors such as Adobe, and after contacting their support department they just reset the license, no questions asked, because they realize this is an issue with tracking licenses via IP address. I contacted them multiple times and asked to be referred to a manager or the owner and they refused.

It is very frustrating because the application itself is excellent and I have come to depend on it.But I have never been treated like this by a US based company and they appear to be based in Israel.

Review about: Flexense Disksavvy Optimization Software.

Reason of review: Voided License.

Preferred solution: My license back.

I liked: Applications.

I didn't like: Drm accuracy, Support and customer service, Voided software license when i was in full compliance.

Had an Experience with Flexense?

Comments